A ripe pineapple is like candy. My dad always cautions me not to eat the WHOLE pineapple. Admittedly, that is a lot of pineapple.
“It’ll do weird things to your stomach,” Dad says.
“But you eat the whole thing too,” I counter.
“My stomach can handle anything.”
“So can mine!” I’m YOUR daughter, and I look just like you. If I look like you, I can eat like you. That’s logic.
Now we put pineapple, pear, ginger, and ice in this smoothie. Sometimes I add basil if I’m feeling in the mood for Thai. If you’re new here and don’t yet know about my ginger + pear obsession, check out these ginger poached pears!
I bought a new bikini yesterday, and Nathan the Coworker looked at me weird when I called it a swimsuit. At least I didn’t say swimming costume like the British, though “swimming costume” is undeniably awesome.
Reasons this smoothie will do wonders for your bikini bod:
1. Pineapple will satisfy your candy cravings. Make sure it’s very ripe. I let mine ripen for 2 weeks!
2. Pear is one of the highest fiber fruits out there. Just keep the skin on. All that fiber will keep your stomach busy.
3. Pineapple enzymes curb appetite.
4. Health magazine said pear is one of the best superfoods for weight loss.
5. Ginger gives us zing. Zing gives us bikini bods.
I don’t know if any of the above is medically supported, except for #5, but as a human who is ravenously hungry all the time, I can say that today all I had was a glass of this smoothie and a mini brownie cake, and I’m not hungry yet. It’s past 4pm, I woke up at 6:45am, and my stomach is not screaming at me to feed it.
For full disclosure, I have mini brownie cakes or their equivalent pretty much every day, so don’t even try to blame the mini brownie cake.
- Blend everything in a blender.
- If you don't have a powerful blender or you want a more liquid smoothie, add a little water. 1/3 of a cup should be enough to get the blender churning. Any more will dilute the natural sweetness of your smoothie.
- Drink immediately. Best through a straw.