Just a little sweet, crispy-crunchy wholesome granola you bake up in a single sheet!
Breaking it up into huge pieces like this is SO fun. My mom even miscalled them cookies, but come to think of it, they can totally be super crunchy cookies if you want them to be.
Plus it’s fairly quick and only 7 (maybe 8) ingredients. That 8th ingredient is black sesame seeds, and though it’s a complete add in and doesn’t affect the integrity of the recipe one bit, it adds a really unique flavor pop. All my friends who had it the first time I made this in the winter were intrigued, and then loved it. I hope you do too.
One Sheet Cluster Granola
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup raw almonds (chopped or whole, up to you)
2 tablespoons black sesame seeds (optional but really adds a flavor kick!)
1 egg white
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place a rack in the upper third of your oven and preheat it to 250°F. It's critical that your oven temperature is accurate. I have a thermometer inside my oven and it always reads 300°F when I preheat the oven to 250°F. When in doubt, turn your oven down 25-50 degrees. Better to bake for a little longer at a lower temperature than to risk scorching the edges.
- Dump all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together vigorously with a rubber spatula.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the granola mixture in an even layer on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the upper third of your oven, rotate the pan, then bake for another 15 minutes. Add an additional 5 minutes if you prefer your granola a little more golden.
- Let it cool completely on the baking sheet, then have fun breaking it up into big pieces.
- Store in the fridge for max crispiness, especially if your kitchen is warm or humid.
Such a cool idea! I don’t think I have ever seen one sheet granola before, but those big pieces just look like so much fun – I think it is going to have to happen! Love the idea of using black sesame seeds too for that unique flavour 🙂
Great flavor combo and so easy – pinning!
I love big clusters of granola and this looks delicious- perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert! Pinning 🙂
Could granola be any more fun than this?! It almost like a brittle, but not. 🙂 Will make a perfect after school snack- my kids will thank you!
Thanks Emily! And you’re right! It IS like a brittle. Way less sugar I guess? Ha.